Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Be Rid Of Hypocrisy!

In Matthew 23:4-5, 13-29 Christ gives a very long list of how the scribes and Pharisees are such big hypocrites. Such as giving big burdens and them doing nothing, swearing by only the things that are brought into the temple but not the temple itself, take advantage of the poor, put people down for the small sins that they make even though they are making the greatest sins. These are just some of the examples of what Christ has given us. Yet it’s amazing the lesson that we can learn from even just these. That lesson is that it’s SO easy to be hypocrites! I honestly believe that everyone is a hypocrite in some way. Whether big or small. I know that I have even done this even though I hate it so much. I usually never really do it intentionally and don’t think about the fact that I did til after that fact, but I’m still no exception. I believe that here, Christ is reminding and telling us that we need to work on not being hypocrites, otherwise we receive the greater damnation as He puts it.

No comments:

Post a Comment