Friday, May 12, 2017

We Need to Heal Ourselves

So this week I learned something really interesting in my New Testament class. I decided to study the lists that Christ gives us in the scriptures. There was one particular one that I read that stuck out to me. It was Matthew 11:5 It took me a little while to figure out the message that it had that came with the list. “5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.” At first it didn’t seem like this list had importance in the order or that it had any special or particular meaning. So I kept ready and I came across Matthew 13:15 “15 For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.” That list wasn’t talking about just the physical sense but the spiritual sense as well. If the little miracles are not done, if we do not spiritually heal our eyes and ears, then the bigger miracles cannot be made. Without healing ourselves, it makes it impossible for the Lord to heal us and have the gospel fully taught to us by the Spirit. Many people want God to immediately change something in their lives or heal them without them doing any of the work. However, the Lord cannot help us if we don't do our pat and prepare ourselves to receive His help.

No comments:

Post a Comment